UFCW works with community organizations, employers, and elected leaders to achieve our shared goals. Our major goals are
- Engaging rank-and-file members in the industries UFCW represents to advocate for patient and consumer safety
- Fighting to ensure economic development projects that use public subsidies create good jobs
- Working for a healthcare system that ensures affordable and quality care for all working families
- Working for legislation that protects workers’ rights in the workplace and safety on the job.
- Fighting for good jobs that provide living wages, and secure retirements
Want to learn how your legislator is doing? Check out our Legislative Scorecard here.
Find out more about our ongoing legislative campaigns:
Reliable Scheduling Act (SB 878) – legislation that would provide workers with more certainty in their job schedules and more stable incomes in California